Media Buyer Role
About Vision Media
Vision Media is a collaborative, fast-growing advertising agency headquartered in Bellevue, WA. We provide media planning and buying services to our clients and agency partners. Our team has decades of experience in the industry, and our client roster includes national brands and diverse local companies. We value real relationships with our team and our clients. Come join us not just as an employee, but as an essential member of our team, whose strengths and talents will be well utilized and appreciated.
Bring your drive, desire to succeed, and industry knowledge to Vision Media and discover a great place to work. This position will support our media directors in executing on the strategies developed for our clients. This role is a team player position where being a good conversationalist makes your days busy and fun. As our company continues to grow, this media buyer will have an opportunity to buy media locally, regionally, and at a national level. Living in the details and thinking your way through all the moving parts of a media plan will let you put the pieces together for our clients’ campaigns to see success.
- Develop and deliver POV & strategy on media buys based on overall planning.
- Determine target audience demographics, markets and media types.
- Develop market RFP’s
- Execute the planning of all media types, carrying out media buys including added value, makegoods, reconciliation and accurate post analysis.
- Actively negotiate the most aggressive rates with all vendors across all media types including print, radio, OOH, cable, cinema, and OTT and evaluates submission and rates against buying goals
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with all media vendors and can independently handle vendor issues (discrepancies, rate problems, etc.)
- Analyze and optimize campaign effectiveness, including performance and spend
- Creative media authorization forms
- Ensure accurate delivery, ratings and share projection estimates
Trafficking and Reporting
- Traffic creative to vendors
- Collect specs and build creative wordbanks
- Manage direct mail lists
- Request campaign results and verify data against media plan and flow
- Assist in building presentation decks for plan results, added value, and new recommendations
- · Build media orders and input into accounting software
- Update insertion orders when revisions to media plans occur
- Review monthly invoicing for media executed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience buying media on a variety of media types
- · Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and build collaborative relationships with peers
- Detail oriented and able to produce accurate work
- · Capable of adjusting to changing priorities and adapting while handling deadlines under pressure
- · Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities, math-proficiency, and logical problem solving
- Understands media research resources available and how to apply them to the buying process/strategy
- Knowledge of media metric and types of measurement across different media and platforms
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint